Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cherry Tomato Coucous

For a side dish to dinner this week, I decided to make a dish from one of my favorite food websites. It was easy, quick, and delicious.


recipe from 101cookbooks.com

3 C couscous
1/2 basket cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 med. cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4" pieces
1 C cooked chickpeas
1 lemon, juiced
1 lime, juiced
~1/4 C EVOO
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/3 C basil or cilantro, chopped
1/3 C goat cheese

  • Cook the couscous
  • In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, citrus juice, EVOO, salt, pepper
  • Add couscous to veggies, mix together
  • Top with basil/cilantro and cheese
Servings: 4-6 (mine probably made around ~8 servings (see below))

I modified the ingredients and made a LOT of this dish
- Approx. 4 C. couscous
- Used one basket of cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (~15 oz) of chickpeas
- Added basil to veggies before couscous (but would still add the cheese last)

Next time I make this recipe, I think I will leave out the cucumbers and perhaps add another bean (e.g. black beans).

No comments:

Post a Comment