Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto

I can't quite remember where I got this recipe from. I am pretty sure it was from the Moosewood Restaurant New Classics book. It is written down in this notebook where I wrote recipes from the cookbooks I would get from the library in grad school. It following some other recipes from that book so I am assuming it came from there. Either way it is a excellent cookbook and this is a delicious recipe. Tonight we used it as a pizza sauce on homemade pizza dough with goat cheese and artichoke hearts. I would also be good on crackers by itself or served on brie or another soft cheese. I imagine it would also be good mixed with pasta.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted lightly
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
1 tbs olive oil
pepper

Directions:
1. Cover sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water and let soak form about 15 minutes.
2. Drain tomatoes but reserve soaking water
3. Combine all ingredients plus 2 tbs of the soaking water in a food processor and process to combine

No comments:

Post a Comment