Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chai Cupcakes

Here is a recipe for very delicious chai tea cupcakes. I brought them to a wedding and they were a big hit. When my sister and I made them we made mini cupcakes and they took about 17 minutes to bake. The regular sized ones took longer but I didn't keep track of exactly how long. They are really good with cream cheese frosting. The original recipe called for cow milk but I have made them with almond and soy milk and it turned out fine.

Chai Tea
5 chai tea bags
1 1/2 cup milk

Chai Spice Blend (I tend to use whatever spices I have around)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp gr cardamom
1/2 tsp gr ginger
1/2 tsp gr clove

Cupcake
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks butter - room temperature
2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. heat/boil milk and tea bags on medium heat for 2 minutes
2. mix dry ingredients and spices
3. beat butter,sugar, and vanilla. beat in one egg at a time
4. alternate chai milk and flour into butter sugar mix in 3 batches

bake at 350 degrees until done

makes 24 regular size cupcakes or 72 mini ones

*These cupcakes have one raspberry as a garnish on each.

No comments:

Post a Comment