Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ginger Pear Quick Bread

This was the second recipe I made during my baking Sunday last week. I had gotten 3 bosc pears in my food box - and had all the other ingredients for this recipe at home already. After I made it, I let it sit out on the counter all week - and it started to taste a little funny by Friday. So, either make sure eat it up in the first couple days, or you might want to store it in the fridge. Similar to the zucchini chocolate bread, I think this bread too would taste good with some added nuts.
Adapted from Apartment Dining
Ingredients
  • 1 C peeled, grated pear (~2.5-3 pears)
  • 1/2 C pear (1/2" cubes) (~3/4-1 pear)
  • 1 1/4 tbsp minced ginger (I like this. No high fructose corn syrup, and easier than mincing on your own)
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 C veggie oil (I used 1/8 C of veggie oil, all natural apple sauce each)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
Recipe
  1. Heat oven to 350 deg F. Grease 1 loaf pan.
  2. Combine minced pear, ginger, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and spices (cinnamon, cloves) in large bowl.
  3. In separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add in three parts to the wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly each time.
  4. Add diced pears, carefully folded in.
  5. Pour mix into loaf pan. Cook in oven for ~50 mins, checking to ensure the batter in the center of the loaf is done.
Servings 10-12 slices

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete